Reflections of the Winners of the 2nd Day of the World Youth and Juniors SAMBO Championships in Tbilisi
Natalia Stoklosa (Poland), a silver medal winner in the up to 44 kg weight category among girls.
- It was one of my first fights in SAMBO competitions. Before that I was engaged in judo. I believe that first of all I haven’t got enough experience to win in the finals. But I really liked the tournament, and I would like to participate in SAMBO competitions in the future.
Ekaterina Mytareva (Russia), a gold medal winner in the up to 70 kg weight category among girls.
- I've participated in the Youth World Championships for the fifth time, but this time I was worried more than ever. Fortunately, I've managed to win, and ahead of time, by a submission hold, 'elbow lever'. This is my signature move, and I keep on training it intensively.
Vladyslava Netsvit (Ukraine), a silver medal winner in the up to 60 kg weight category among juniors.
- Despite my defeat in the finals, I regard my silver medal as a success. Last year, I scored the third in the World Youth Championships in Serbia, so the second place is a step forward, although, of course, I'd expected more. I was wishing to show the maximum result and earn a gold medal for my team.
Ashley Breton (France), a bronze medal winner in the up to 72 kg weight category among juniors.
- Of course, you cannot be content with a bronze medal, but given the fact that in the lead-up to the competition I injured my shoulder and wrist, the third place is not that bad. I am very happy that I've been able to bring my team a world championships medal. Next year, I will try to perform better, first at the European Championships, then at the World Championships.
Vera Harelikava (Belarus), a gold medal winner in the up to 60 kg weight category among juniors.
- I was so glad that I could win medals for our country, for our team. I wish to thank my coach and my family. This is my first victory at the World Youth Championships. As I was standing on the pedestal and looking at the flag of Belarus, I sang the national anthem. At such a moment, you always get these special feelings, they even bring tears to your eyes, but I got a grip on myself and kept myself from crying.